October 14th, 2020 marks a good for The Kroger Co., the dominant supermarket chain in the United States, and not only is this also declared as the largest Supermarket chain in United State.
Today the company expanded its business by including 50 new vegan items in their supermarket. The launch last year a brand named as Simple Truth which was having 20 vegan products for example meatless burger patties and grinds, deli slices (Black Forest Ham and Salt and Pepper Turkey), sausages (Kielbasa and Chorizo), sour cream, alfredo pasta sauce, and chocolate chip cookies dough. Below mentioned are a few of the new products that are included in Simple Truth Brand by Kroger:
- Chicken (Patties and Grinds)
- Cheese Shreds (Cheddar and Mozzarella)
- Oat Milk-Based Ice Cream (Black Raspberry Chip, Maple Pecan, Strawberry Graham, Sea Salt Caramel, and Peanut Butter Chip)
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Truffle Brownie Batter
- Cheese Slices (Cheddar and Hot Pepper)
- Almond Milk-Based Yogurt (Strawberry, Blueberry, Mango, and Vanilla)
- Cauliflower-Based Dips (Spicy Queso, Buffalo, Tzatziki, and Cilantro & Jalapeño)
- Salad Dressings (Caesar and Ranch)
According to the Kroger chef Merchant Stuart Aitken, we are looking forward to introducing the new thing in our simple truth plant-based collection, and seeking to expand the selection is much more affordable, yummy, and finest quality product. These products are mainly for our customers who follow vegan, vegetarian, or flexitarian lifestyle. Adding more to it he said that we made a sale of about $2.5 billion last year. Further said that for 2021 and beyond we are increasing interest in our plant-based selection.
Kroger added more stocks in it named JUST Egg, Beyond Burger, and Impossible Burger and these products made the debut in 2000 different stores locations of Kroger.